Monday, September 17, 2007

POST FOUR

Respond to another student's post.

18 comments:

Amber Hogan said...

I would rather be an Alpha so I would be treated with respect and I would feel like a human being. Epsilons are described as if they are not even wothy of being called human.

HairyMouth said...

yeah kayal c, the artificial womb is cool!

Ashleigh said...

I agree with everyone who said that the parts about there being no family are really disturbing. I can't imagine a world with no family. It seems to me as if family units are the basis of society and th thought of the government raising children is horrifying.

Anonymous said...

I agree with light godess on the cloning. I mean come on! Its not only far fetched but just weird.

Anonymous said...

I agree with samantha's prediction. I think the main plot in the story is going to be someone's rebellion against society.

Jeff Wiegert said...

It seems like everybody favors being an Alpha embryo over an Epsilon, so I agree with them.

lc1215 said...

I agree about the family thing, that is pretty disturbing. It would suck not to have a family to support you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everybody who is concerned with the lack of family in this book. Society has been revolved around family for so long, it's weird to think that in this book, it doesn't even matter.

Krystle said...

i agree with Ic1215 that sex has become more like a social event in todays society.

Kayla C. said...

I like Ashleigh's prediction in post two. I was thinking about the same thing in my prediction.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Harrymouth in that i think the book will be good.

Athos said...

lamia has a good point about changing classes, however the alpha etc. shouldn't really be taken literally its just for ilustration

Caitlyn said...

I agree with Samantha, the lack of families is pretty distrubing.

oneyearsixmonths said...

I agree with Esteban about the Alpha vs. Epsilon post. Ignorance is bliss... That's exactly how I feel, I just couldn't word it right.

Amber Hogan said...

Darn...i did it again!!!! I agree with Ashleigh on the whole cloning thing. Even though it does seem possible, it is still really creepy and wrong.

Anonymous said...

I agree with samantha that the book might be about someone's rebellion to society. I also agree with lc1215 that sex has become a social event in todays society.

Mehchel said...

I agree with everyone that said this book is going to be good. I can already tell. It seems a lot better than The Stranger, so my hopes are pretty high. I can't wait to see what happens! If only I had more time to read it...

Lightgoddess said...

I agree with ashleigh, with no family there is no real society, I also agree with the government raising children to a point. However, isn't the gov. technically raising kids now???
-They teach us in public schools, what they seem fit to teach us. (ie: evoulutionism v. creationism)
- what about the kids in foster care in the gov. system???
- and the kids in Juvie???
The gov. does have a role in raising kids. The book is just way more conformed.