Monday, September 24, 2007

Post One

At the end of Chapter 6, Bernard and Lenina are on their way to the Savage Reservation. Explain what you think they will find there. What will the savages be like? What will their beliefs be? What will the reservation look like?

16 comments:

lc1215 said...

I think the savages will be the most normal people in the book, and will probably open them up to the reality of the world around them. I'm hoping there will be a rebellion.

Amber Hogan said...

The reservation reminds me of a Native American reservation. The people have long hair with feathers in it. They believe in the traditional family and live sort-of like the Native Americans used to live like.

Anonymous said...

I think the 'savages' will be normal people, that the people in BNW tried to erase. I think they'll be people similar to us, who rely on family and history, and everything that the other characters don't.

HairyMouth said...

teh savages will be very nice. and have extraoridinary fashion sense.
they will.. yeah.. rebellion!!

Caitlyn said...

I think that the Savage reservation will be like we live today. The people will live in families. They will be born, not created in a test tube. They will probably see some religious practices and other things that they have never seen or heard about.

Lightgoddess said...

I think they will find at the savage reservation, the same existance that the piligrams found on Plymouth Rock. Indians and some other american natives working with the earth's resources to live and have fun.

Krystle said...

I think they will find people who will not live like they do, but more like we do in our society today. The "savages" will be just like us, and our beliefs. The reservation will just look like a little town, kinda like new town.

Mehchel said...

I already read ahead a bit, so it is a bit hard to "predict" here. I guess my prediction was that the savages would live in a modern world like we all live in today and be exactly like people living in today's society. The reservation and the beliefs would all be like modern ones. Naturally, Lenina will find this odd, Bernard not so much, because he seems to think their world is strange. So they will pretty much find a world of people living how we do today, yet find it odd, because it is not how they live. [having mothers, ect.]

Anonymous said...

I agree, I think that the savages will be just like us...that is what society is right now in our lives.

Kayla C. said...

I think the savage reservation is going to be a lot like indian reservations, since "savage" kinda refers to the name given to native americans by european settlers.

Anonymous said...

I know that they will find "normal" people in their primative form and be convenced to stay.

Jeff Wiegert said...

I think that once they get to the savage reservation they will find them to be exactly like everyone else. They won't be born the same way and they'll be living in a different culture, but they will look like and and act the same way as everyone else in the world. I think this might begin to disturb Bernard and Lenina and will make them start to question their society.

oneyearsixmonths said...

I think that the savage reservation is pretty much how we live today; what they evolved from in a sense. I think the savages will be like us today... Still having a concept of family and birth. They'll prolly find that the savage lifestyle is savage indeed when compared to their own. I also think that the reservation will look like our cities.

Anonymous said...

I think that the savages will be like how humans are right now. They will actually have a family, and a home. Things that people in the New World don't have. I also think that they will know a lot about the history of the World.

Athos said...

i think that bernard might find out that some of his dna came from here that would be cool

Anonymous said...

i think that the savages will pretty much be like normal humans are now. they will also believe the same things that we do now.