I thought the novel was pretty boring honestly. There just was no excitement, even when Meaursault murdered the Arab, I didn't feel excitement. It seemed plain, almost ordinary. Which a murder should never feel like.
I did not like the end of the novel at all. After all that waiting I thought maybe something would happen but there never reallly is a great resolution and will still see only the slightest change in the character. The novel overall was quite boring and lacked any sort of action. On top of that, the main character confused me and made me mad at points because of the crazy outlook that he had on life and the fact that he really didn't care about life or anything all that much.
The book as a whole was pretty boring. It had a purpose, and thge story was good, however it never caught my attention. I liked the book, however I dont think i would ever read it again.
I sorta liked the novel's ending. It was good in that it finally had Meursault realizeing something in his life. However, it left a lot of questions unanswered that were somewhat important to character background and storyline.
The ending of the novel was kind of confusing. I couldn't tell exactly what he was feeling, if he was feeling anything at all. The novel itself wasn't very good. Not only did the plot suck and the characters remain undeveloped, but it presented many radical ideas that I couldn't relate with.
I thought the novel was boring, but a lot better than some of the other novels I've had to read for school. I think if he had more emotions, it would have been a better read. But it wasn't tough, and I know that's how the author intended it to be - I just wish it would have been more interesting.
The Stranger is not really my kind of book. I thought it was pretty boring, and I didnt agree with a lot of the authors views. I think that the main character of a book should be a little more interesting and not list things so matter of factly.
I didn't like the novel. I thought there should have been more to it then was shown. Even when the Arab was killed it was not a big deal because of how it was said in the novel. There was no excitment at all and I thought the whole time it was boring.
I think the only good thing I can say about the end of the novel is it stays true to the tone of the book. I really disliked this novel. It was very boring and I didn't really like any of the characters. I didn't think anything really happened, and I hated how the books climax was only about 50 pages in.
The novel was deffinatly a different book from what i have ever read. It's nothing i would have ever picked up. I did not like the ending at all. Mersaule kept on going on and on about things that seemed meaningless, and the author toatally left his readers hanging. There is so much more i would have liked to know before it ended.
At the beginning of the novel, I really hated it... And during the middle I did too... And during the end... But I also kind of liked reading about Meursault. He seemed like a really cool guy. I was really sad/mad when the author decided to end it by decapitation, though. I was really attached to Meursault...
I hated the ending; I will go as far as saying I was disappointed by it. It was both confusing and boring. I'm not even sure I took all of it in. I didn't like the book as a whole either. It was anti-climatic and really didn't leave any cliffhangers or anything I felt were worth not putting the book down for. In my opinion, a true good book you never want to put down. However, I didn't hesitate to put down The Stranger.
I thought the novel was pretty boring honestly. There just was no excitement, even when Meaursault murdered the Arab, I didn't feel excitement. It seemed plain, almost ordinary. Which a murder should never feel like.
My overall opinion of the novel was understanding in a form. I can understand that the novel was written for its time and probably made more sense back then. I personally didnt like the novel as a whole because its not the style of book I like to read. Im glad the ending was the way it was. If it had went out with a bang, the author would have not been consistant.
I thought that the novel was pretty much boring. But it did keep me interested as to what would happen in the next chapter. I didn't really enjoy it that much. I wish it would have been more exciting,and the character showed more emotion. He was kind of like a blob.
The book just ended. It kind of ended the same way it began, it was over. It upset me, because I wanted to know his thoughts as he walked to the guillotine (which I thought that it should be a hanging or an electric chair- if they had them in the 1940's) I think that would of made the end much more entertaining than him just being sad.
19 comments:
I thought the novel was pretty boring honestly. There just was no excitement, even when Meaursault murdered the Arab, I didn't feel excitement. It seemed plain, almost ordinary. Which a murder should never feel like.
I really didn't like the novel. I thought is was just a waste of ink and parchment
I did not like the end of the novel at all. After all that waiting I thought maybe something would happen but there never reallly is a great resolution and will still see only the slightest change in the character. The novel overall was quite boring and lacked any sort of action. On top of that, the main character confused me and made me mad at points because of the crazy outlook that he had on life and the fact that he really didn't care about life or anything all that much.
The book as a whole was pretty boring. It had a purpose, and thge story was good, however it never caught my attention. I liked the book, however I dont think i would ever read it again.
i liked the end. i like the whole philoshical attitude of the book. and even if it wasnt soooooo exciting, it was a cool book. mop
I sorta liked the novel's ending. It was good in that it finally had Meursault realizeing something in his life. However, it left a lot of questions unanswered that were somewhat important to character background and storyline.
The ending of the novel was kind of confusing. I couldn't tell exactly what he was feeling, if he was feeling anything at all. The novel itself wasn't very good. Not only did the plot suck and the characters remain undeveloped, but it presented many radical ideas that I couldn't relate with.
I thought the novel was boring, but a lot better than some of the other novels I've had to read for school. I think if he had more emotions, it would have been a better read. But it wasn't tough, and I know that's how the author intended it to be - I just wish it would have been more interesting.
The Stranger is not really my kind of book. I thought it was pretty boring, and I didnt agree with a lot of the authors views. I think that the main character of a book should be a little more interesting and not list things so matter of factly.
I didn't like the novel. I thought there should have been more to it then was shown. Even when the Arab was killed it was not a big deal because of how it was said in the novel. There was no excitment at all and I thought the whole time it was boring.
I think the only good thing I can say about the end of the novel is it stays true to the tone of the book. I really disliked this novel. It was very boring and I didn't really like any of the characters. I didn't think anything really happened, and I hated how the books climax was only about 50 pages in.
The novel was deffinatly a different book from what i have ever read. It's nothing i would have ever picked up. I did not like the ending at all. Mersaule kept on going on and on about things that seemed meaningless, and the author toatally left his readers hanging. There is so much more i would have liked to know before it ended.
At the beginning of the novel, I really hated it... And during the middle I did too... And during the end... But I also kind of liked reading about Meursault. He seemed like a really cool guy. I was really sad/mad when the author decided to end it by decapitation, though. I was really attached to Meursault...
I hated the ending; I will go as far as saying I was disappointed by it. It was both confusing and boring. I'm not even sure I took all of it in. I didn't like the book as a whole either. It was anti-climatic and really didn't leave any cliffhangers or anything I felt were worth not putting the book down for. In my opinion, a true good book you never want to put down. However, I didn't hesitate to put down The Stranger.
I thought the novel was pretty boring honestly. There just was no excitement, even when Meaursault murdered the Arab, I didn't feel excitement. It seemed plain, almost ordinary. Which a murder should never feel like.
My overall opinion of the novel was understanding in a form. I can understand that the novel was written for its time and probably made more sense back then. I personally didnt like the novel as a whole because its not the style of book I like to read. Im glad the ending was the way it was. If it had went out with a bang, the author would have not been consistant.
i really dont like the french style of writing, it doesnt really flow right. so it was a drag to read it every word please no more french 'clasics'!
I thought that the novel was pretty much boring. But it did keep me interested as to what would happen in the next chapter. I didn't really enjoy it that much. I wish it would have been more exciting,and the character showed more emotion. He was kind of like a blob.
The book just ended. It kind of ended the same way it began, it was over. It upset me, because I wanted to know his thoughts as he walked to the guillotine (which I thought that it should be a hanging or an electric chair- if they had them in the 1940's) I think that would of made the end much more entertaining than him just being sad.
Post a Comment