Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Post Three

Discuss Huxley's attitude toward science. Does he think the New World uses it well? Does he think it's possible to use it well?

13 comments:

HairyMouth said...

science will rule the world

lc1215 said...

He thinks it's impossible to use science well, and he doesn't think the New World uses it well.

Anonymous said...

He doesn't like science, I don't think. He doesn't really seem like it's possible to have a world that would use it well - from his book, he feels like it'll just mess everything up, and life won't be good.

Anonymous said...

He definitely doesn't think the New world uses it well. I mean I'm not sure that he was completely against science, but I think that he is afraid of it atleast and the power it has to consume people.

Krystle said...

He likes science but he dosen't think the New World uses it well or needs to uses it and no he doesn't think it is even possible to use it well.

Mehchel said...

I think Huxley is not very fond of science, but I'm not really sure. He thinks the New World uses it poorly, and there is not way to use it well... I think.

Jeff Wiegert said...

I think that Huxley is trying to warn people that science can be used, as long as we are repsonsible about it and don't let it get to out of hand.

Anonymous said...

He thinks the New World doesnt use it very well. He thinks it's possible to use it well if we are careful with it, and not let it go over board.

Caitlyn said...

Huxley thinks that we will go overboard with science. I dont think that he likes it at all. He feels humans will always take science to the exteme and ruin the world.

Athos said...

huxley likes science, but he doesnt think that it can be used well

Ashleigh said...

Huxley is not a big fan of science and technology because he thinks it is dangerous and can be taken to far and that it is not possible to have a society that uses science for the good. He thinks that all it does is harm.

Lightgoddess said...

I think Huxley is all for scince, however he does not want it to really rule the world. I think he does not think the New World handles it very well, but if you set the scienists to some limits(not cloneing an entire human, just the embryo for a certain amount of time), then you could possibly use it well.

Kayla C. said...

he likes science, but doesn't want it to get too advanced. If people start questioning nature more (such as in real science), then they'll start to question society more as well, which would not be good for the "perfect society" that the New World has.