I find the same thing disturbing and interesting, the attitude towards family. It's interesting that they find family to be unwanted, and at the same time it's disturbing to think about becaus eI couldn't imagine life without having your family to support you.
I think it's kind of interesting that they have different classes, and how the lower class people have no idea that they are, in fact, lower class. I guess I find it interesting that they're just there to do a job, and that's all they know.
The whole 'no family thing' still disturbes me. I guess I just can't wrap my mind around that concept, because I rely so much on my family.
The concept i find interesting is the fact that everyones life seems so pointless in the book, even the fact that they dont really feel happyness, they just take a pill to get by. I also find that disturbing in that if we were to live that way....life would really have no purpose.
I find the fact that the worship Ford because he created the assembly line, and that they think our lives are so barbaric interesting. The whole no family concept still disturbs me.
I find the whole story in general to be interesting, but I guess Bernard's character and the soma mostly. The find the conditioning and young children engaging in sexual activity to be disturbing. They were like six!
I find the everyone belonging to everyone else intresting. Its so intresting because that would be unexceptable here, in todays world. I dont find anything really distrubing. Its all so completley opposite that its just to big to wrap my mind around.
I find that the people being able to jet across the world in a little helicopter amazing. I always wanted to do that but in more of a Star Wars mobile than a tiny helicopter. I find that the most disturbing part of the book is not having a family. Having no family is very hard to picture, I keep asking myself if this person will marry .... ohh but wait the gov. has done away with marriges. but i find the whole concept disturbing.
One concept from the novel that I find interesting is the Soma pill. I don't believe that the government will one day go so far as to control the peoples lives that much. A concept that I find disturbing is how everyone "belongs" to everyone else. It's strange to hear people taling about how they "had" a girl and then telling a friend that they have to try her like she's a brand new food.
I think an interesting concept is how they produce all the people in one (albeit huge) place. It's extraordinary to me also at the number of times they can divide the embryos to form so many people... I find the part where they predetermine people's lives while they're still embryos disturbing, as well as the social classes.
One concept I find interesting is that there is no crime, or wars. I find it interesting because there is so much crime and war today. One concept that I find disturbing is how there is no family. Family is a big deal to me.
i find soma very interesting, the fact that you can take a drug that makes you feel sweet, but has no negative side effects is diferent. the whole thing about people being assigned their lives when they are born is pretty disturbing.
i find soma very interesting, the fact that you can take a drug that makes you feel sweet, but has no negative side effects is diferent. the whole thing about people being assigned their lives when they are born is pretty disturbing.
18 comments:
I find the same thing disturbing and interesting, the attitude towards family. It's interesting that they find family to be unwanted, and at the same time it's disturbing to think about becaus eI couldn't imagine life without having your family to support you.
One consept I find interesting is that everyting we find normal, they are offended by it and everything that they find normal, we ae offended by it.
i like the whole concept of the book interesting. teh utopian future. ooooooooooooo. nothing is really disturbing.
I think it's kind of interesting that they have different classes, and how the lower class people have no idea that they are, in fact, lower class. I guess I find it interesting that they're just there to do a job, and that's all they know.
The whole 'no family thing' still disturbes me. I guess I just can't wrap my mind around that concept, because I rely so much on my family.
Sorry...published it too soon. I find the whole "sleep with as many people as you can" thing to be a little disturbing.
One concept from the novel i find interesting is their transportation,helicoptors. I think electricuting baby's is disturbing, and sleeping around.
I think the fact that they have no crime is pretty cool, but children "erotically" playing with one another is really messed up.
The concept i find interesting is the fact that everyones life seems so pointless in the book, even the fact that they dont really feel happyness, they just take a pill to get by. I also find that disturbing in that if we were to live that way....life would really have no purpose.
I find the fact that the worship Ford because he created the assembly line, and that they think our lives are so barbaric interesting. The whole no family concept still disturbs me.
I find the whole story in general to be interesting, but I guess Bernard's character and the soma mostly. The find the conditioning and young children engaging in sexual activity to be disturbing. They were like six!
I find the everyone belonging to everyone else intresting. Its so intresting because that would be unexceptable here, in todays world. I dont find anything really distrubing. Its all so completley opposite that its just to big to wrap my mind around.
I find that the people being able to jet across the world in a little helicopter amazing. I always wanted to do that but in more of a Star Wars mobile than a tiny helicopter. I find that the most disturbing part of the book is not having a family. Having no family is very hard to picture, I keep asking myself if this person will marry .... ohh but wait the gov. has done away with marriges. but i find the whole concept disturbing.
One concept from the novel that I find interesting is the Soma pill. I don't believe that the government will one day go so far as to control the peoples lives that much. A concept that I find disturbing is how everyone "belongs" to everyone else. It's strange to hear people taling about how they "had" a girl and then telling a friend that they have to try her like she's a brand new food.
I think an interesting concept is how they produce all the people in one (albeit huge) place. It's extraordinary to me also at the number of times they can divide the embryos to form so many people... I find the part where they predetermine people's lives while they're still embryos disturbing, as well as the social classes.
One concept I find interesting is that there is no crime, or wars. I find it interesting because there is so much crime and war today.
One concept that I find disturbing is how there is no family. Family is a big deal to me.
umm the whole thing is quite interesting the only bit i find disturbing is the self-imposed lack of intelectual sight
i find soma very interesting, the fact that you can take a drug that makes you feel sweet, but has no negative side effects is diferent. the whole thing about people being assigned their lives when they are born is pretty disturbing.
i find soma very interesting, the fact that you can take a drug that makes you feel sweet, but has no negative side effects is diferent. the whole thing about people being assigned their lives when they are born is pretty disturbing.
Post a Comment